Top 3 Link Building Strategies That Can Get You Backlinks from Authority Sites.
Think of link building from a social media fulfilment perspective.
If readers consider your platform a source of entertaining and relevant content, they will consume and share it widely; thus getting your site in front of the right audience.
What is a Link Building Strategy?
Also known as backlinks, inbound links are a form of off-page SEO strategy that helps you earn links from authority sites that direct searchers to your blog.
Google aims to provide searchers with the most relevant answers. So, collaborating with some of the most trusted websites with the help of a well-executed link building strategy will:
- Boost your site's credibility because it tells Google that the best publishers find value in your content and respectively link to it.
- Build value and authority through link building — a practice that Google algorithms highly favour.
- Give your business leg up over your competitors because your site will enjoy more visibility and brand recognition.
- Boost matrices such as domain authority, pate rating, PageRank, and more when you collaborate with authority sites — yet another practice that pleases Google.
- Help generate more organic traffic and better metrics since your site will score high on SERPs, thus leading to greater revenue generation opportunities.
- Provide a continuous source of profitable “link juice” from trusted, relevant, and powerful sites, which, ultimately, is great for your bottom line.
Now, generating useful inbound links to any site can sometimes prove challenging. In fact, most website or blog owners employ spamming tactics to boost their backlinks.
Such a strategy is not effective and can cause more harm than good to your SEO efforts and business bottom-line.
Consider applying the following tried and tested backlink-building tips to help your SEO strategy.
- Create high-quality guest-post content
Among the most fail-proof ways to organically generate inbound links is publishing high-quality content that’s not only relevant to your niche but is useful to your target audience.
Quality content also comes in handy when you’re shopping around for guest blog posting opportunities.
You can promote your expertise and earn quality inbound links at the same time by curating quality content that is relevant and useful to your host site.
If you choose to go the guest posting route, make use of analytical tools such as SEMrush or Moz to check metrics such as:
- Page and domain authority
- The site’s organic search traffic
- Top organic keywords and more.
Some websites will layout specific guidelines that guest writers must follow when submitting a well-curated article. You also should determine whether it’s a paid or free guest posting opportunity when approaching the sites you want to write for.
Most trusted websites with high page and domain authority (above 25 and 30 respectfully) know the value of backlinks and therefore may charge you for their highly coveted “link juice.”
2. Link to other blogs
Fellow bloggers, especially from established sites, are more likely to return the favor if you consistently link to them in an opportunity-driven and purposeful way.
You are essentially building a history of links by including valuable external links from authoritative, high-quality, and well-trusted sites.
This strategy might increase your digital footprint, boost brand authority and visibility.
3. Set up an expert roundup campaign
An expert roundup campaign is a technique used by marketers to build relationships with niche experts.
When skillfully executed, a campaign such as an influencer outreach can help create a buzz around your brand.
Because an expert roundup involves sending multiple emails to many people, it can also be a great way to generate high-quality backlinks to your site and build site authority.
The days of paying for links or spamming the comment sections to increase backlinks to your site are long gone.
While I’ve only mentioned my top three (personal favorites) white-hat link building strategies, whichever tip(s) you employ, ensure you create high-quality content and capitalize on guest blogging to showcase your niche expertise.
When running a roundup campaign, work with well-known personalities or preferably, industry experts to ensure you get incoming links from a maximum promotion of your blog.
In time, you’ll rank high in SERPs, boost organic traffic and attract return clients if you have high-quality links pointing to your site.
Did I leave anything out? Let me know. I would love to hear from you.